Damn Ugly Mushroom Soup
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 packages sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tbsp RUB OF THE WARRIOR (heaping)
- 1 qt chicken stock
- 3/4 cup half and half
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is softened in the bottom of a large heavy bottomed pot.
- Add in mushrooms and butter. Sauté until mushrooms are soft and cooked down. Add in RUB OF THE WARRIOR.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes and add in 1/2 Cup dry sherry.
- Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons flour over mixture.
- Remove from heat and add 1 quart rich chicken stock. Mix with hand blender until mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
- Return to heat and simmer for 10 more minutes and then remove from heat.
- Add in 1/2 Cup – 3/4 Cup half and half.
- Heat carefully until desired temperature for serving. Accompany the soup with crusty bread.